Student Counselor at Murdoch College

Student Counselor at Murdoch College

by Julianne Seaman -
Number of replies: 0

Hello/Kaya Students

I am delighted to introduce myself as the new student counsellor for the college. My name is Cheryl, and I am thrilled to work with each of you as you navigate your educational pathways at the college.

I am deeply passionate about mental health and well-being, and I believe that every student deserves the support they need to thrive. My own journey began as an international student, just like all of you, when I embarked on this bold and exciting adventure of studying in Australia. While the journey was filled with memorable experiences, it also had its share of challenges along the way.

I understand firsthand how overwhelming these challenges can be, and I want you to know that reaching out for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. Whether you are feeling stressed, anxious, or just need someone to talk to. I am here for you. My goal is to provide a supportive, respectful, and non-judgmental space where you can feel heard and understood as we navigate these bumps together.

So please, do not hesitate to reach out if you need support or guidance. Together, we can work towards ensuring that you have the tools and resources you need to be your best selves as you continue your educational journey.

I will be on campus on TUESDAYS from 8:30AM till 4:30PM.

While we wait for Calendly to be activated so that you can book in to see me, I can be contacted @ cheryl.young@murdochcollege.edu.au alternatively you can walk-ins.  

I look forward to seeing and working with you all.

Cheryl